Like many Australians, you may be beginning a training course or qualification through vocational education and training. It may be a first-time qualification or a course that you are returning to study. Some people find it hard to review after being away from the books for so long. Below are some foods that are capable of improving your memory and concentration.
These foods have been proven to increase memory, the information processing capacity and overall brain function to help you study your Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment.
- Water: as you brain is over three-quarters water when it becomes dehydrated your memory power is reduced drastically meaning both mental and cognitive functions are decreased.
- Vitamins: these are a great supplement to enhance a diet. Take magnesium to increase brain and memory function. Alternatively, selenium is an excellent mineral. Due to antioxidant properties, selenium removes toxins from the brain, clearing room for your brain to absorb memory loss preventing vitamin.
- Eggs: not only do eggs provide fatty acid, they actively build brain cells that are dedicated to improving memory.
- Iron: this is one of the essential minerals. Deficiency shows poor concentration, decreased intelligence and slow thought processes.
- Fish: Fish boost energy, enhances the learning ability and improves problem-solving skills. It also boosts and improves memory power and communication between brain cells.
- Milk: Memory retention is increased hugely through calcium consumption. The minerals also increase concentration and alertness. With this in mind, remember to bring a milk-based coffee to your next face-to-face training course!!
- Tea: it improves not only memory and focus but combats mental fatigue. Black tea enhances the brain while green tea improves information retention and concentration rates. It is perfect for students who study the Cert IV in Training and Assessment via online and distance training.
- Nuts: these improve the mood and memory dramatically. They are rich in acid and double the capacity of the brain power.
- Beans and greens: beans act to stabilise the blood levels and keep you physically and mentally energised throughout your study session. By having the ability to remain focused on the task at hand, you will use your time efficiently and perhaps finish your training course, like the Cert IV in Training and Assessment, in less time than those suffering from exhaustion and low concentration. Additionally, all types of green salad and vegetables combat against poor memory and boost brain power.
Now that you know what foods you need to eat, the next thing is choosing the best institution where you are going to take the Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment course. You can decide to take to take the course online or as a regular student. It will depend on the selected institution and how much time do you have for the course.